18 words for my 18-month-old
- Personality: He has more friends in BKK than I do.
- Spirit: There’s a lot of spirit in those brown eyes exploring the world
- Mama’s boy: He loves David a lot more in recent months, but he is still a mama’s boy!
- Laugh: Melts my heart every single time
- Magnet: He has a way of drawing people in
- Hair: Like, Samson, I think this will
be his greatest strength…
- Curiosity: Needs to touch, throw, taste, and hit all new things
- Play: Loves to play with new toys or just new objects
- Mischievous: He thinks “no” means “try again in 10 minutes”
- Musical: If there’s music, he will be dancing! Especially loves piano, guitar, and drums
- Go: Hates sitting still, even for a second. Must be running, walking, moving, looking constantly
- Opinionated: Strongly expresses his likes and dislikes (where does he get it??)
- Independent: Fine to hold your hand as
long as you go where he wants to go
- Phone: Holds everything to his ear and says “hello” as if he was on the phone.
- Bubbles: Blowing bubbles is his #1 favorite activity
- Sleep: Amazing sleeper at night and for naps. These sleep times are not optional, however. If you are 10 minutes late for a nap, he will let you know it.
- Teachable: He really does want to
please and does not like to get in trouble. He loves to be praised with
18. The absolute main word I would use to describe Josiah is STRENGTH.
From the day he came home from the hospital, I have had a STRONG boy. That strength is exhausting on some days, but I am so thankful David and I have been entrusted with this beautiful boy. I pray I am a good steward of this strong personality, that I may guide and direct him without crushing him. I take so much joy in being Josiah’s mom. You just can’t put into words a mother’s love for her son. I pray God will get so much glory out of his life. Happy 18 months, Jo-Jo! J